1. At the dinner table: The toxic chemicals released by paraffin candles can overwhelm the aroma of food. Unscented soy candles burn longer and don't interfere with the smell or taste of the food you're enjoying.
2. In terms of energy sustainability: Unlike paraffin, which is extracted from non-renewable petroleum, soybean is a renewable resource. From an energy perspective, if possible, choose candle brands that use sustainably grown soy.
3. Air quality: Compared with paraffin wax, the all-natural soybean candle burns more fully, with no black smoke and no residue. This allows for better overall air quality in your home.
4. Cleanability: Soy wax is biodegradable, so it tends to be easier to clean than paraffin if spilled on tablecloths or clothing.
5. Burning: Soy candles burn cleaner and more thoroughly than paraffin wax. The British "Daily Mail" reports: Many paraffin candles contain synthetic fragrances and dyes, which when heated, emit harmful particulate matter.
6. Recycling: Soy candles are non-toxic, renewable and recyclable. Plus, you can reuse soy candles in glass containers.
7. Fragrance: Since soy candles burn slowly, allowing them to release essential oils for hours, with a mild, diffuse scent rather than a powerful explosive scent of synthetic fragrances. Plant and flower-derived scented or "aromatherapy" candles have long been a favorite.
8. Cost: While soy candles tend to be more expensive, they tend to burn longer. When you factor in burn time, soy candles often outperform in value for money.
Post time: May-20-2022